Friday, August 14, 2026

Ephesians 5: Ordinances

There are many commands in Ephesians 4-6. We read:

14 For this reason it says,
“Awake, sleeper,
And arise from the dead,
And Christ will shine on you.”
15 So then, be careful how you walk, not as unwise people but as wise, 16 making the most of your time, because the days are evil. 17 Therefore do not be foolish, but understand what the will of the Lord is. 18 And do not get drunk with wine, in which there is debauchery, but be filled with the Spirit, 19 speaking to one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody with your hearts to the Lord;

Before conversion, I was dead in my sins but after believing in Jesus, I was called to arise from the dead and receive Christ's light. In Christ's light, I am aware of my actions. I am retired, so it is easy to waste my time, but I am called to make the most of my time, because the days are evil. How to make most of my time? Grow in love, show love to my family, taking care of wife and children and to repent when I fail in my mission.

No comments:

Post a Comment