Tuesday, August 11, 2026

Ephesians 2: From being dead to being a workmanship.


1 And you were dead in your offenses and sins, 2 in which you previously walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, of the spirit that is now working in the sons of disobedience.

I was dead (nekros) in my sins; but the Lord looked to me:

8 For by grace you have been saved through faith; and this is not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; 9 not a result of works, so that no one may boast. 

I wasn't saved because I became good but because the grace made me believed in the Messiah, with a purpose:

10 For we are His workmanship/Poiema, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand so that we would walk in them.

I was created in Jesus for good works. I am getting old, I am aware of my strong tendency to be egoistical, but I am beginning to acknowledge that others are images of the Lord despite being very imperfect. I am beginning to root for others.  

No comments:

Post a Comment