In Ephesians 1-3, a Christian is someone planned by the Lord before creation, he was dead in his sins, incapable of search the Lord but Jesus came and opened a new age when gentiles are called to be united in the assembly of the saints. In Ephesians 1-3, the Lord is doing all the work of salvation; but in Ephesians 4, a Christian is called to put off his former nature and put on the new life in Jesus. Is this transformation in hands of men? No. I know by myself that I was very egoistic; but somehow, Jesus broke this excessive focus on myself only. This freedom enables me to put off my former life; but I have to align my new heart and make some effort to adjust my life with my calling. I also must remember that I am not alone. The Spirit is in me, working in me, changing my heart and enabling me to be more and more like Jesus, however it is possible that I grive the Spirit:
30 Do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, by whom you were sealed for the day of redemption.
I don´t want to grieve the Holy Spirit, but I am aware that I do it many times. I repent and I am confident that my seal, the Spirit, is still with me for the day of redemption. So, in a way, I am day by day changing clothes. I was called to put off my old self, and put on the new life in Jesus, everyday.
Thursday, August 13, 2026
Ephesians 4: Orders to Christians
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment