Tuesday, July 30, 2024

Ezekiel 35: Edom shoudn't hate the people of the Lord

 Edom hated Judah and Israel. I must learn that the Lord is my avenger. The Lord is saying to Edom:

10-13 “‘Because you said, “These two nations, these two countries, are mine. I’m taking over” (even though God is right there watching, right there listening), I’ll turn your hate-bloated anger and rage right back on you. You’ll know I mean business when I bring judgment on you. You’ll realize then that I, God, have overheard all the vile abuse you’ve poured out against the mountains of Israel, saying, “They’re roadkill and we’re going to eat them up.” You’ve strutted around, talking so big, insolently pitting yourselves against me. And I’ve heard it all.

When abused my first reaction is to fight using my forces, but the best is to rest in the Lord. He knows what to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment