Wednesday, July 10, 2024

Ezekiel 21 - the Sword of the Lord is against good and bad

 In Ezekiel 21 we read:

1-5 God’s Message came to me: “Son of man, now face Jerusalem and let the Message roll out against the Sanctuary. Prophesy against the land of Israel. Say, ‘God’s Message: I’m against you. I’m pulling my sword from its sheath and killing both the wicked and the righteous. Because I’m treating everyone the same, good and bad, everyone from south to north is going to feel my sword! Everyone will know that I mean business.’

It is difficult for the people of the Lord to understand that Jerusalem is going to be destroyed. The temple is there. The temple gathers the Jews three times annually. How can it be destroyed? However, Ezekiel prophecies that Jerusalem will indeed be destroyed. It is written: " I’m treating everyone the same, good and bad, everyone from south to north is going to feel my sword! Everyone will know that I mean business.". It seems to me that is not fair that good and bad people will be killed by the sword; however, we believe in the resurrection and in the Lord's justice beyond this world.

No comments:

Post a Comment