Wednesday, September 9, 2026

Hebrews 2: Jesus, the Champion/Pioneer of salvation

 

Jesus was sent by the Lord not as an elohim (a spiritual being or angel), but as a human being, so that He might experience human suffering and conquer death on the cross. Jesus is exalted far above the angels precisely because He became human and felt what we feel. He is our Pioneer and Champion who conquered death for us. Hebrews 2 references Psalm 22—a Messianic psalm that foretells the crucifixion—and draws from the passage immediately following the portrayal of suffering, where the Messiah joins His brothers and sisters in worship.

Hebrews 2:10–12 (The Message) It makes good sense that the God who got everything started and keeps everything going now completes the work by making the Salvation Pioneer perfect through suffering as he leads all these people to glory. Since the One who saves and those who are saved have a common origin, Jesus doesn’t hesitate to treat them as family, saying,

"I’ll tell my good friends, my brothers and sisters, all I know about you;

I’ll join them in worship and praise to you."


No comments:

Post a Comment